Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Home-Buying Advice from a Recent Home-Buyer

Sarah, a recent client and first-time home-buyer, answers a few questions about her home buying experience -

  • Q: What was the hardest part of buying your first home?
  • A: Reconciling myself to yardwork.

  • Q: How did you know your new house was "the one"? Were you tempted to keep looking?
  • A: I had looked at several homes in my price range - enough to know that this one was special. Basically, I was looking for reasons not to buy my house, rather than talking myself into it.

  • Q: Would you have done anything differently?
  • A: Nope.

  • Q: What advice would you give to someone thinking about buying their first home?
  • A: Don't max out your budget with the mortgage - even with very little to do inside or out, I had several big shopping weekends just getting maintenance necessities and bits and pieces to make the house a home.

  • Q: What surprised you about the process?
  • A: The loan - don't buy furniture with it, and gift money payments are not a good thing!

  • Q: What impressed you about your Realtor?
  • A: She took such good care of me.

  • Q: How did you know your Realtor was the right one to work with?
  • A: I trusted her right away - she's so straightforward and I knew she wasn't going to let me make a bad decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment