Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Jeremy Charles for Alder in City of Verona, District 4

Excerpt from http://www.jeremycharles.us/:

"My family and I are residents of the Hawthorne Hills neighborhood, near Glacier Edge Elementary school. Since high school, the majority of my hobbies have consisted of community service. In recent years, I have added to my long history of volunteer work by serving the City of Verona. My service to the City has been highly rewarding because I make a direct, positive impact on the community in which I live. Additionally, I have enjoyed the people that I have been serving with. I view the role of Alder as the best and most logical way that I can continue to serve my community."


Article from the Verona Press:

Charles announces candidacy

After three years, Verona might finally have another contested local election.

Plan Commissioner Jeremy Charles has announced he will run for the District 4 aldermanic seat currently held by Ken Harwood. Harwood's term ends in April.

Nomination papers can't be circulated until Dec. 1, but Charles, who has been following Verona politics closely and attending meetings regularly for about three years, was ready to go last week with a news release. The 33-year-old Charles is an employee of Epic and a resident of the Hawthorne Hills neighborhood on the city's southeast side.

"I'm not a politician," Charles said in his release. "My family loves living in Verona, and I sincerely care about promoting the best long-term interests of our City. Becoming an alder is simply the best way that I can serve my community."

After about a year of attending Common Council, Plan Commission and Finance committee meetings regularly, Charles joined the Comprehensive Plan Committee in late 2007. He also has served on the Zoning Board of Appeals and joined the Plan Commission - a common stepping stone to the council - in 2008.

Harwood, a Realtor who joined the Common Council in 2006 and earned another two-year term in 2008, said last week he intended to run again as long as he remains a resident of Verona.


Click Here to Visit Jeremy Charles' Campaign Site



Click Here to Visit
Jeremy Charles'
Facebook Page





Click Here to Visit Jeremy Charles' Blog

Contact Jeremy Charles by email or phone-
E-mail: jeremy@jeremycharles.us
Phone: 608-848-0633

No comments:

Post a Comment